There are a million ways to have fun with pool noodles. Here is a little tutorial about how to make these cute pool noodle craft stamps.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure here.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE FUN POOL NOODLE CRAFT STAMPS WITH THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS
How to Make Pool Noodle Craft Stamps
Pool noodles come in many sizes and shapes. For this craft, you can use both round and flower-shaped pool noodles.
So, find your favorite and use them to make some awesome paint stamps.
I’ll show you the basics, then use your imagination! It’s a fun way to pass a little time and the kids will love it!
Come up with your own unique ideas for this, or use some of our suggestions below. Your kids have imaginations, right?
Let them have at it and bring out all those creative juices!
Now, who doesn’t love a paint party?
And after you’re done with these, how about making some rockets?
Little ones will enjoy simply stamping. Different colors and different stamps will keep their attention.
Be sure to use washable paint, especially with the littlest ones. You’ll be glad you did!
Older kids might like to use the Pool Noodle Craft Stamps as part of a larger piece of artwork. The stamp could be used for tires when painting a picture of a race car or as the flower when painting a picture of a garden.
Be sure to give them a large piece of craft paper to work on. If you use larger pool noodles for this project, they could use up a LOT of paper!
- Assorted Pool Noodles, round and/or flower-shaped
- Craft Paint
- Paper Plate
- Paint Brushes
- Paper Towels
- Painting Apron (for easier cleanup)
- Knife or box cutter
- Miter Box, if you have one.
- Use a serrated knife or box cutter to cut pool noodles into 2-3 inch long sections. Cut the edges straight so they are nice and even.
- Use a paper plate to squirt out some craft paint for dipping. Smooth it out a little to allow the whole end of the pool noodle to grab some paint.
- Dip the end of the pool noodle into the paint and press firmly. Blot it a few times on a paper towel to smooth the paint out evenly.
- Press the pool noodle firmly onto the paper to create your masterpiece.
- Wa La! So cute! If you're "just stamping", you're all done. (Unless you want to stamp some more.)
- If you're creating a larger picture, add the finishing touches with your paintbrush, glitter, washi tape, or whatever else makes your heart happy.
Have fun & make memories!
Pool Noodle Craft Stamp Ideas
- Race Car Tires
- Beach ball, soccer ball, baseball, etc.
When you’re done, cleanup is easy. If you used washable paints for this project, wipe it up, wash hands and remove the apron. If you didn’t use an apron, throw the clothes into the laundry… maybe next time you’ll use an apron? 🙂
These pool craft stamps are easy to clean. Just wash gently with soap and water. But do it right away. Letting the paint dry on them may make it more difficult.
Are you ready?
So, what are you thinking? Are you going to try this pool noodle craft stamp project? It’s a really easy project and the kids will love it!
If you find a way to recycle or repurpose your pool noodles, show us a photo on Instagram with #diynoodles or share your photo on our Facebook page.