DIY Pool Noodle Boats are easy to make and fun in the water! The kids will love making them (or helping you).
LEARN HOW TO MAKE A FUN POOL NOODLE BOAT WITH THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS
You know how much kids love playing in the water… These fun boats are great in the sink or the tub as well as the swimming pool or water table.
Smaller kids may need some help making these, but hey, what else do you have to do? Making memories with the kids is what it’s all about, right?
Pool Noodle Boats
Make these adorable boats from a pool noodle – It’s so easy to do!
Pool noodles come in handy for so many craft projects, games and toy making!
What fun things have you made with pool noodles?
Let me show you how we put together these boats. They work well in the bathtub or in a little swimming pool or even in the water table!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See full disclosure policy.
First you’ll need a noodle, something for the sail, a straw or stick to hold the sail, and a cute decoration for the top.
You’ll also need a few tools like scissors, a hole punch and a kitchen knife.
Here are the things we used:
- Pool Noodle
- Foam Sheets
- Hole Punch
- Using your knife, cut 1 or 1.5-inch sections off the pool noodle for the base of the boat.
- With your scissors, cut a 3-inch section of straw for the sail.
- With your scissors, cut foam sheets into 2X2X2 triangles.
- Use the hole punch to make 2 holes in the sail, one a little way down from the top and the other directly below it, towards the bottom. (See Photos)
- Make a small hole in the noodle for the straw using the tip of the knife or the point of your scissors.
- Put the straw through the holes in the foam triangle then insert it into the pool noodle.
- Add a little ribbon to the sail to make it fancy.
- You're ready to play!
Using foam sheets for the sails makes this project waterproof.
Variation: If you would prefer, you can use scrapbook paper or other fun paper for the sail and laminate them or cover them with tape to make them waterproof.
Variation: You can cut the noodle long ways to make a different shaped boat.
Are you ready to make these cute little boats?
Did you decide to try this?
I’d love to see your boats and the fun you had with them!
After you’re done with these, you may also want to try making these cute Pool Noodle Craft Stamps. 🙂
If you make one, please share a photo on our Facebook page, email it to me at email@example.com, or tag me on social media with #diynoodles.